The Information We Collect
We collect information directly from individuals, from third parties, and automatically through the Oureffort.com Platform.
Account and Profile Information: When you create an account and profile on the Oureffort.com Platform, we collect your name, contact information (including your telephone number), demographic information, and other information you provide, such as topics that you know about or find interesting. Your name, photo, and any other information that you choose to add to your public-facing profile will be available for viewing by the public and other users of the Oureffort.com Platform.
Communications. Your contact information will be used to communicate with you (via email, phone, text message, through the Oureffort.com Platform or otherwise). When you communicate with us (via email, phone, text message, through the Oureffort.com Platform, or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication. By disclosing your contact information to Oureffort.com, you consent to our use of your contact information to communicate with you.
Engagement. We collect browsing information – such as IP address and location, date and time stamp, user agent, Oureffort.com cookie ID (if applicable), URL, unique advertising or content identifiers (if applicable) and time zone, and other information about user activities on the Oureffort.com Platform, as well as on third-party sites and services that have embedded our Oureffort.com pixels (“Pixels”), widgets, plug-ins, buttons, or related services. See the section below about Oureffort.com Ads and Personalization for more detailed information about how our Pixels may be used by publishers or users of our advertising services (“Ad Services”) on the Oureffort.com Platform to enable personalization, as well as your choices related to advertising and personalization. We may also receive information about you from third parties, such as other users, partners (including ad partners), or our affiliated companies.
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell your personal information – such as your name and contact information – to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes. Oureffort.com uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Provide our Services. To provide you the services we offer on the Oureffort.com Platform and make the Oureffort.com Platform available to the public, communicate with you about your use of the Oureffort.com Platform, respond to your inquiries, provide troubleshooting, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you in the Oureffort.com Platform, to suggest followers and content, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Oureffort.com Platform.
- To display interest-based advertising to you in the Oureffort.com Platform, to improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads, to pre-fill forms in ads, and to measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services. For more information, see the Ad Services section below about Oureffort.com Ads and Personalization.
- Marketing and Promotions. For marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third-party products and services.
- To gather metrics to better understand how users access and use the Oureffort.com Platform; to evaluate and improve the Oureffort.com Platform, including the Ad Services and personalization, and to develop new products and services.
- Comply with Law. To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We share information as set forth below, and where individuals have otherwise consented:
Service Providers. We may share your information with third-party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as payment processors, hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and support providers, as well as those who assist us in providing the Ad Services.
Business Transfers. We may disclose or transfer information, including personal information, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event.
Legally Required. We may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law.
Protection of Rights. We may disclose information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of Oureffort.com, its users, or others.
Your Content and Public Information. Your content, including your name, profile picture, profile information, and certain associated activity information is available to other users of the Oureffort.com Platform and may be viewed publicly. Public viewing includes availability to non-registered visitors and can occur when users share your content across other sites or services. In addition, your content may be indexed by search engines. In some cases, we may charge for access to your content and public information on the Oureffort.com Platform. See the section below about Your Choices for information about how you may change how certain information is shared or viewed by others.
Metrics. We may share with our advertisers or publishers aggregate statistics, metrics and other reports about the performance of their ads or content in the Oureffort.com Platform such as the number of unique user views, demographics about the users who saw their ads or content, conversion rates, and date and time information. We do not share IP addresses or personal information, but certain features may allow you to share your personal information with advertisers on our platform if you choose to do so. We may also allow our advertisers or publishers to use Pixels on the Oureffort.com Platform in order to collect information about the performance of their ads or content.
Anonymized and Aggregated Data. We may share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided such information does not identify a particular individual.
Cookies, Pixels and Tracking
- Cookies. These are small files with a unique identifier that are transferred to your browser through our websites. They allow us to remember users who are logged in, to understand how users navigate through and use the Oureffort.com Platform, and to display personalized content and targeted ads (including on third-party sites and applications).
- Pixels, web beacons, clear GIFs. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which we use to track the online movements of users of the Oureffort.com Platform and the web pages of users of our Ad Services, and to personalize content. We also use these in our emails to let us know when they have been opened or forwarded, so we can gauge the effectiveness of our communications.
- Analytics Tools. We may use internal and third-party analytics tools, including Google Analytics. The third-party analytics companies we work with may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online products and services. Their collection and use of information is subject to their own privacy policies.
Do-Not-Track Signals. Please note we do not change system behavior within the Oureffort.com Platform in response to browser requests not to be tracked. You may, however, disable certain tracking by third parties as discussed in the Oureffort.com Ads and Personalization section below. You may also opt out of tracking by Oureffort.com Pixels, as described below in Oureffort.com Ads and Personalization.
Oureffort.com Ads and Personalization
We may display personalized content (including from third-party content publishers) and personalized ads (including sponsored content), based on information that we have collected via the Oureffort.com Platform, and through our Pixels, widgets, and buttons embedded on third-party sites. We also may report aggregated or de-identified information about the number of users that saw a particular ad or content and related audience engagement information to users of our Ad Services and to publishers of content on the Oureffort.com Platform.
Advertisers who use our Ad Services may also provide us with information as part of their ad campaigns, including customer information (e.g., email addresses, phone numbers, or other contact information, demographic or interest data) in order to create custom audiences for personalizing their ad campaigns or for measuring the effectiveness of their ads; we only use this information to facilitate the particular advertiser’s campaign (including ad metrics and reporting to that advertiser); and we do not disclose this information to third parties (other than our service providers) unless required by law. We also do not disclose to the advertisers who use our Ad Services the names or contact information of their customers that were successfully reached as part of such campaigns without those customers’ consent.
Third-Party Ads on Oureffort.com
In addition to opting out of tracking across sites by our Pixels (see Your Choices section below), you also may opt out of much interest-based advertising on third-party sites and through third-party ad networks (including Facebook Audience Network, Google AdSense and Quora Ads). See Your Choices section below for more information about opting out of third-party ad networks.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. Oureffort.com has implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using the Oureffort.com Platform on a shared or unsecured device.
Emails, Text Messages, and Communications. When you join the Oureffort.com Platform by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as part of the service, you will receive the Oureffort.com digest containing content that we believe may match your interests. As permitted by law, you are also opting to receive other emails and text messages from us that may be of interest to you as a user of the Oureffort.com Platform. You can manage your email, text messages, and notice preferences in your account profile settings, under your Emails and Notifications settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us. If you opt-out of receiving emails and text messages about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transactional e-mails and text messages about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Third parties may comment on your postings within the Oureffort.com Platform. In your profile, under your Privacy Settings, you can adjust whether to allow people to comment on your answers and posts. You can also adjust permissions about who you allow to send you messages on the Oureffort.com Platform.
Transferring Your Data
Oureffort.com is headquartered in the United States, and has operations, entities and service providers in the United States and throughout the world. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or access it in, jurisdictions (including the United States) that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it, including through appropriate written data processing terms and/or data transfer agreements.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 (or under the age of 18 for anyone living in India) or knowingly allow such persons to register. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the relevant age without parental consent, we take steps to delete that information.
Links to Other Websites
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena.